Thursday, September 23, 2010

Happy Autumn!

I didn't realize it when I set out to do this project, but today is the first day of Autumn! We (unknowingly) celebrated by making caramel apples, which was a lot easier than I expected. It's amazing how many treats we look forward to buying at speciality shops or fairs that are simple (and usually better) when made ourselves.

We cooked and cooled the caramel, dipped the apples, and then twisted them in sprinkles. I had some caramel leftover, so we dipped pretzels in it. Then we still had about three cups of caramel leftover, so I saved it in a jar to be used later on delicious treats like apple pie or ice cream. 

Let the fall yumminess commence!





1 comment:

  1. This looks seriously yummy! And the pictures could go to gourmet magazine :)

    ReplyDelete