Sunday, March 7, 2010

Retreat



This weekend was my first time on a church women's retreat, from Friday evening until Sunday afternoon. I had an awesome time getting to know people that I usually only get to say a quick, "Hihowareyou, I'mfinethanks" to. I'm still digesting much of what I heard from our speaker, Judy Achilles, who is an amazing example of someone who held on tightly to God through her trials of battling ovarian cancer and losing her husband in a very short time. One thing that I'm going to put into practice immediately is finding time to just be with God. It's easy to fall into the habit of just doing prayer time and Bible reading time so I can check it off my To Do list. But I need to practice being still and quiet in His presence so I can hear what He has to say to me. I'm looking forward to getting back to 'real life' with a fresher perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment