Friday, February 13, 2009

Snow Day!



It snowed last night!  Not at our house of course, but up in the mountains of Henry Coe Park.  We went up there this morning to see the snow and to show it off to the kids.  It was their first time ever experiencing the cold wet stuff.  


It was a bit bizarre for me, having grown up in Connecticut and seeing snow every winter for 21 years, to see the cold wet stuff here in sunny California.  I admit I’ve been California-ized in the 4 years I’ve lived here, and so I wasn’t very prepared.  For some reason I thought it would be sunny and warm at the top of them mountain and I would miraculously be surrounded by snow in spite of sunshine.  Not true. 


It was snowing pretty heavy up there and reminded me so much of back East.  Luckily Tommy was wearing his boots and we had some extra jackets in the car, so the kids were fine.


I tried to encourage Tommy to eat snow, but he wanted no part of it.  He seemed to enjoy walking in it and looking at it, but was reluctant to touch it.  Hopefully we’ll see the snow again before winter ends.


No comments:

Post a Comment