Thursday, January 7, 2010

Recent Quotes & Conversations with Kids

1. "Daddy, can you sit on me?"
(Mark has a game where he pretends to sit on Tommy, and Tommy pretends that he's being squished.)

2. "Mommy, can I do laundry please?"
(Tommy saw me folding laundry and wanted to help.  Yeah, that lasted all of 20 seconds.)

3. "Tommy, get your head out of the toilet!"
(He was leaning over into the toilet trying to look down the pipe.)

4. "Tommy, don't lick the car."
(Tommy actually licked the car.  I have no idea why.)

5.  "Mommy, I'm going to have a baby in my tummy when I grow up to be a mommy."
(Tommy, after talking about Aunt Cameron's baby that will be arriving very soon.)

6.  (Looking at a photo of Benji as a newborn) "Benji, you used to be so tiny!  Where's my baby? "  Benji then lifts up his shirt and points to his tummy.

7. "When I grow up to be big and tall like Daddy, I'm going to eat a lot, a lot of food!"
(Tommy, declaring his future occupation.)

8. "That looks like Aunt Cameron's car!  Look, that one looks like Aunt Cameron's car too!  So many cars look like Aunt Cameron's car!"
(Tommy, after seeing a silver Dodge Caravan, and then a white one.)

9.  Conversation between the boys, which is happening a lot lately now that Ben's speech is improving exponentially every day:
Benji: " Happen' wain, 'Ahmee? [What happened to the train, Tommy?]
Tommy: "It fell down."
Benji: "Why?"
Tommy: "I don't know!"

And
Me: "Can I eat your feet, Benji?"  (then I pretend to eat his toes)
Benji: [giggles] "No!"
Me: "Why not?"
Benji: "Cuz....mine!"

No comments:

Post a Comment